Scotch College Pipes and Drums Auxiliary
The Scotch Parents Association is the umbrella organisation under which the Scotch College Pipes and Drums Auxiliary work. The main objectives of this auxiliary are:
- to support the Scotch College Pipes and Drums Band;
- to encourage members of the Band to achieve their full potential as pipers and/or drummers individually and as a Band;
- to raise funds to support the activities of the Band from time to time:
- to provide a forum for and to organise functions to bring together all persons interested in the activities and the well being of the Band;
- to encourage communication between the Band, the School community and the community at large;
- to promote the good image of the Band within and outside the School community.
Parent Auxiliary – what we do
The Auxiliary has a long history of providing support to the Band. In order to accomplish this, we continue to work closely with the Teacher-in-Charge. At the regular activities, such as the Highland Gathering, we also support the Band by providing a BBQ lunch (weather permitting) and refreshments throughout the day. It is here that we would like to extend an invitation to all parents of the boys to come and help with the logistical setting up and running of all that is required on the day.
Our support also extends to providing financial assistance for specific activities of the Band (i.e. Australian Championship 2010 Caloundra).
In order to perform this function we undertake a variety of activities. Our fundraising efforts include these main activities - Highland Gatherings and Family Day. We also, help in other smaller activities such as Solo Competitions and we run a Ceilidh (pronounced Kay–lee), where the boys have a chance to perform solely for family and friends.
Parents Auxiliary – who are we
The Committee of the Auxiliary currently comprise:
The general responsibilities of the Auxiliary president are as follows:
- To liase with the Teacher-in-Charge of your particular Auxiliary.
- To ensure all the objectives of the Scotch Parents' Association are carried out.
- To represent the Auxiliary at Scotch functions, where appropriate.
- To chair all the meetings of your Auxiliary.
- See the SPA Booklet Available on ScotchNET for more information.
- Vice President:
- To stand in for the President when he/she is unable to complete his/her role.
- To keep the financial records for the group. To organise an annual audit report for the School so this can be provided at the SPA AGM in November.
- To take accurate minutes at the Auxiliary meeting and to have them ready to present with the Agenda two weeks before the following meeting. This is a requirement of Scotch College.
- Committee Members:
- There are five Ancillary Committee Members who help with the running of the various events. They can also take on the responsibility of organising Family Day and the purchasing of food required for the Highland Gathering barbeques.
Scotch Parents' Association (www.scotch.vic.edu.au)
Pipes & Drums Auxiliary (www.scotch.vic.edu.au)